Friday, May 25, 2012

From old to new again


I took this old desk I had and gave it a new look for my front room which I'm in the process of making over. The desk just sat in my room for awhile collecting junk, I moved it to the front room to give me more space in my bedroom. I like the idea of having a cute table next to the dinning table to set up dishes during parties but this guy needed a face lift first.

I took some extra fabric from my sewing box and cut it into long strips. then secured the fabric strip to the top of the table and began to wrap it in a downward motion, covering the leg.

After I had fully wrapped the leg I secured the fabric with a strip of tape. I then did this same procedure to the three remaining legs. I kept all the tape facing the same direction, so that when placed against the wall the tape would not be visible.

To finish the look I took a scrap of burlap and lined the middle of the table and added some candles and a photo for a clean finish. The whole project from start to finish took a grand total of ten minutes. I am satisfied with the result and look forward to more projects that warm up this once cold bare front room of mine.  The 2 Butter Rum walls were painted a few weeks ago and really added warmth.

What do it yourself project do you have going on at your home?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment