Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The challenge is on


For a WHOLE week no T.V. in the Klingmeyer household. Yep you heard right, no Sons of Anarchy, no Burn Notice, and absolutely no Bones. We have cut the cords (not literally) there are so many other great things to do, rather then drain our brains on the boob tube. So tonight as I got home from work We ate a delicious dinner of fresh pasta in a creamy cheese sauce and sauteed beef seasoned with garlic and onion, as my mom calls it.  Really its mac and cheese and hamburger. Hey the lady knows how to make it sound like 4 star dining up in this joint. Over the weekend I had come up with a few things to do so that we would not feel drawn in to cheating the challenge. Luckily twas not needed tonight. Target's faulty water guns gave the perfect opportunity to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful evening and get an errand done. Yesterday I had purchased a package of water guns to help fight off the 105 degree temperature.  3 of the 8 were broken, so last night I was sitting at the table scrubbing the permanent marker off the guns because I had written our names on them before I knew they were faulty, luckily nail polish remover did the trick. After the lovely lady grilled me about how they were broken I got my money back and turned right back around and went shopping. I was able to snag some new work shorts and a gift for Mia, a good friends daughter who is turning three today with a party this weekend. With that out of the way we browsed the aisles and ended up in the book section. (shocker) I saw another blogger's book and began to tear up because of how emotionally over loaded with joy and sorrow for her I was as I read. (Yes I am that annoying person who stretches out in an aisle to read a book that she has not purchased yet.) We round up our trip and headed to check out. We talked on the way home about how enjoyable the evening was and it was nice to do something different from our routine. I look forward to the rest of the week and the things we will do. I'll keep ya posted.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment