Thursday, February 9, 2012

We bought a zoo....


OK OK you caught me maybe i stretched the truth a little tiney bit, it was more like we went to the zoo. On Saturday, a few of my girlfriends and I went to the phoenix zoo. The weather has just been so beautiful and we could not pass up the opportunity of spending time outdoors while we still can.  When June july and august hit nobody will be doing anything but swiming and ac hopping. We spent the whole afternoon milling around looking at animals and having snacks.






We went to the section where we could pet the animals and had fun brushing the goats. They are so lazy, kind of like my dogs just laying around waiting for someone to come by and give then some loving. Which we obliged happily. 













The monkeys were my favorite part.  We were able to go in their habitat with them and they were about a foot away from you just climbimg all around. They were so close that you could touch them if you wanted. I would have if there werent staff standing by saying dont touch them if they come to you just step back. I kept thinking yea right if one comes up to me Im stuffing it under my shirt and casually walking away. Maybe they could hear my thoughts because they stuck awfully close to me with those squirt bottles. I told my friend Cami that the squirt bottles were for us and that any moment they were going to start squirting us for being too close.

Over all we had a great day walking if the fresh air and spending time together watching the animals. Oh do you like my new friend? I tried to sit on him but I kept slidding around like butter. So this is what you get.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Cool! The monkeys are my favorite as well to see in the zoo :D

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete