Friday, February 17, 2012

To need....


Last night I called my dad up crying. I had not done that since I was eight or nine. I needed him.  In that moment I wasnt Laurel 21 year old aspiring teacher, I was a child needing her father, needing to climb into his arms and weep because the day had been too much for me to handle. I needed him to take me in his arms and stroke back my hair telling me how everything was going to all right and how wonderful I am. Now, my father lives in Delaware and I live in Arizona, so he was not able to hold me but he did the only thing he could.  He used his words to make the worries of the day seem like nothing but a puff of smoke that has now passed by. I have had my dad on the bench for 12 or so years.  I normally go to my mom when I have a bad day or need advice. It made me feel comforted that he can still get off the bench and pitch a few innings. We seem to drift further and further apart as the years pass and this saddens me, but as I grow and sore threw life I like knowing he'll still be there keeping that bench warm, waiting for my return.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment