Monday, November 14, 2011

What's black, tan, and red all over?


Me Silly,...... or at least what I wore to dinner Saturday.




As some of my good friends blew back into town for the weekend from various colleges, a plan was devised for us all to go out for dinner. We landed on this great restaurant, Bucca di Beppo where everything is served family style. So basically you order three entries and it is enough to feed ten people and have room for leftovers for the next day (sweet!!!).




one year woooohooo!
It also happened to be my best friend J and his gal Cassie's one year anniversary, but will get to that later. Our waitress was so much fun! There was a little girl at one of the tables near ours who was writing love letters to Colbys 11 year old brother, it was so sweet. We were all really getting into it, poor kid was all kinds of embarrassed. It took me back to when I was ten and I wrote a little boy in my class a love letter, the basis of my letter was "do you like me check yes or no" corny I know right but come on guys I was ten.



 Well Brancen was writing things that were not so nice because he was really embarrassed to have all his older brothers friends being witness to this, but being the girl I am, I would not let him send the letters back till they were Laurel approved. I told him you dont have to ask her out, you dont have to say things you dont mean. You just need to be kind and loving, like a gentleman. 


As the night progressed we grew louder and laughed more, yup were those people the ones that are having way too much fun. Thats what happens when you only see your favorite people once in awhile.  I struck a deal with our waitress to bring out a slice of cake for our anniversary couple. They were so surprised and I got up and sung a song by yours truly and did a little jig. (I kind of wish someone got it on film cause it was pretty ridiculous.) Needless to say I had everybody laughing, including the tables around us. I told you I have no shame, life is way to short.

The final note arrives and Brancen reads it to me, Its said "nice talking to you have a great night with your family." Now that just made me take a step back, I looked at all the people around me and yes we are a family, as dysfunctional as they come, but a family none the less. And for a moment I was so proud of the loved ones that I was surrounded by. People say you cant choose your family and I think that they just didnt want to try, because the people in my life I have chosen and I love them just like family. We all come from different places in life, but when we get together it just works. 

So from my family to yours, have a great week!

xoxo 

1 comment: