Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Traditions


Each year my mom and I wake up early on Thanksgiving and sneak off to the kitchen to make our family's famous apple pie. (really have no clue where the recipe came from, just go with it.) Still in our PJ's and before breakfast, my mom pulls out this old age stained piece of paper that crinkles when you touch it. Its like a bit of magic, then come out the ingredients and we get to work. Spreading out the dough and cutting the apples. This year however there was a little twist, as in the midst of preparations my mother turns to me and asks "where are the pie pans?". Yup our pie pans were m.i.a., so i hopped in my car and headed up the street to the super market to get us new ones. Well they were out, everywhere I looked, no pie pans. So i hunt down a clerk and he starts looking for pie pans, any pie pan and low and behold he finds the last one for me on the bottom, in the back of a dusty old shelf. I could have kissed him i was so elated (i didnt) Back at the house my mom is working away and with our pie pan we finish the famous apple pie.



As she starts preparations for the rest of our Thanksgiving feast, I get changed into some work-out clothes to head off to that other tradition of mine Turkey cup.




My friends and I get together and play a pick up game every year before we have dinner with our families. Its something I hope we still do when we're old and have our own children, something we pass down.



Back at the house as family friends show up, the wine is cracked open. Mom bustles away in the kitchen. Pictures are taken, laughter is had, memories are made. Hope your holiday was as wonderful as mine was.



Happy Monday!!!
xoxo
P.S. I am boycotting decorating my house for Christmas until December 1st, I feel that companies are always pushing out thanksgiving and this year im making a stand. That and i still am in a bit of a turkey coma.

1 comment:

  1. okay hi! just came across your blog and you are gorgeous! looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete