Monday, September 17, 2012

Making your own happy



This season in life has been a strange one; I seem to find more joy in the little things in life then looking toward my future or goals. Lately when I look towards the future it overwhelms me, like the walls are closing in and all the air is being sucked out of my lungs. The thought of how many years I have left in school (its a lot) can make me feel so defeated or the fact that I may be independent in most areas of my life but I still have days when I need my mom to tuck my hair behind my ear, give me a kiss on the forehead and tell me it will all be ok. In these moments I find myself looking to the little ways I find joy in life. Like walking into a bookstore knowing you are surrounded by thousands of stories just waiting for you to join them. (Yes im a bookworm.) Or cooking from scratch, I have truly found a love in cooking. What I wouldn't love more than to fill my home with loved ones and cook up a storm for them.  I find joy in getting out of the house and going for a walk or a long drive no destination, no music, no talking just me and the world. I believe most people go through these fazes in life and this is just one im passing through, that’s what I tell myself, im not suck here, we'll be through soon, were just passing through. And when that doesn't work I turn on the music really loud and have my own private dance party, I just dance it all out. What are your little happiness? 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment