Tuesday, July 17, 2012

let it rain...


It has been raining in Arizona, this is a big deal out here because it hardly ever happens. Last Friday is when it all started, the clouds rolled in and the sky opened up and started pouring out buckets of the stuff. Parts of the roads have been flooded, but ill take it, I'm just so happy to finally be having some precipitation around here. On this glorious Friday that the heavens opened up, I was at my friend J's house and we did what any person who hasn't seen rain in a long time would. We made hot tea grabbed a blanket and watched it come down from the porch. It was relaxing sitting there sipping tea, watching the rain, smelling the sent the dry desert earth getting what it so desperately needed and all the while being snuggled up in a blanket protecting you from the chill in the air. However short this weather may last I am still excited every time I feel a raindrop sprinkle down my way. 





No comments:

Post a Comment