Monday, May 23, 2011

Unexpected Sanctuary.....



Grocery shopping late at night is one of those thing I find relaxing.  Browsing the empty isles while the rest of the world goes about their nightly rituals outside the sliding glass doors. I find comfort in the lonely, white, echoing walls of the store. Peace washes over me as I grab my items sliding them in my cart one by one with no one else eager for me to move out of the way so that they can grab their food. Passing by the lone stock boy as he readys the store for a new day and having the same quiet understanding that this time of night is the best time to be here. As a kid with my step mother Rachel and my brothers and sister we used to roam the empty isles of the local super market. That is where I found my sanctuary, I didn't realize that it got really busy until I started going during the day with my mother. I will go late at night just to find peace sometimes even if there is nothing I need, just the peace alone is reason enough.


Where is your Sanctuary?

Happy Monday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment