Monday, March 28, 2011

Take a Hike


Beginning


middle


End
 Woke up early this morning to a blissful spring day. Perfect weather to take a hike. I packed up my car with all the essentials water, camera, best friend Kahla and headed to Camelback. On our way there we got so very lost and ended up making a 30 minute trip last an hour. Luck was on our side, by the time we started up the mountain it was covered by shadows. This made our hike quite enjoyable, I don't know if you have ever been hiking when the sun is blaring down on you but its no picnic. The workout I got was amazing, my muscles burned and my breaths were ragged but my body felt so powerful as i kept push forward. We got to the top in a hour flat and it only took us 20 minutes to get down, over all a great day. I cant wait to get out there next weekend, you can say I am now addicted. Side note while hiking Kahla and I kept talking about how much we wanted pineapple, never did make it to the store to get some on the way home. Oh well maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom and I hiked once back in March 2000, but it was not Camelback. Maybe it was called Squaw Mtn? I don't remember. I couldn't make it all the way to the top. I felt too weak and a little nauseaus. It thought it was the heat or the altitude. Turns out I was pregnant with Lizzie. (Being that I was 38, I totally wasn't expecting that!)

    Glad your hike was fun. I like your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete